services to meet the needs of a diverse clientele, including:
- private woodlot owners
- non-profit organizations
- public agencies
- investment firms
- Maine Tree Growth Tax Plans
- Forest Stewardship Plans
- Conservation Activity Plans for Forestry & Wildlife Habitat
- Timber Harvest & Stumpage Sale Administration
- Forest Improvement Projects
- Timber volume & value appraisals
- Woodlot assessment & monitoring for remote landowners
- Road construction management
- Forest Inventory
- Digital mapping using GPS & GIS software
Shelterwood also writes plans which are eligible for cost-share funding from the NRCS. Once approved by the NRCS, private forests are then eligible for forest improvement projects through EQIP (Environmental Quality Incentive Program) and WHIP (Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program); Shelterwood provides assistance with planning & implementation of these projects, including:
- If you want to harvest timber, Shelterwood provides services to assist with preparation & supervision of the harvest to protect and maximize your investment. Shelterwood knows all of the current Maine and federal environmental and timber harvest laws and keeps up-to-date with any changes that occur. Shelterwood maintains current knowledge of forest product markets and pricing through relationships with mills and brokers.
- Harvest projects managed by Shelterwood are designed to remove landowner liability while optimizing the landowner objective of timber revenue and future forest growth.
- Shelterwood also offers services to assist with investment analysis such as timber volume & value appraisals which are beneficial prior to selling or purchasing forestland.
- In addition, we offer woodlot assessments and monitoring services to forest landowners whom live afar and are not able to frequently visit their property. Annual monitoring is important to maintain an eye on timber security, water quality issues, road access problems, and forest health concerns. Avoiding Timber Trespass & Timber Theft
|David Irving is a Certified
Tree Farm Inspector